Cabellas

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sharing

I started this blog to share information, which is a passion of mine like property management.  I appreciate all the hundreds of comments and emails I have received from friends in the industry.  Many from those I have worked with, and many new friends I have met through Multifamily Insiders, Linkedin, and other sites.  Being the best I can be and seeing others be their best is what it is all about.  Sharing information, stories, and new methods of addressing how we do our jobs is extremely exciting and rewarding.  I have posted about leadership, budgeting, fair housing, marketing, and other topics, always with the intent of having others find "take-away's" from what was included.  I recently received an email from someone who reads my blog, and would like to share a couple of comments.  Yes, I found them gratifying as well as inspiring to continue what I do.  Here is what she said:

"I read your blog today, and could not stop at just one topic.  Your comments appear to be heartfelt and inspirational, and for the first time in a manner I could really relate to.  So many times we attend educational events or seminars that are directed at inspiring us, only to return to work the next day not being able to relate to what was said and therefore not retained.  I found your blog after one of your students at a CAM class recommended you.  She told me how you delivered a topic most managers don't think of as important, and made it interesting and memorable.  From your blog page and writing, I can see why she said that and recommended you.  She also said she learned more from your class in one day that what had been given by her company in four years as a manager.  Please keep writing and I will keep reading as well as sharing your site with others.  I appreciate what you are doing and taking your valuable time to share with others out here in the real world.  If only my regional and others in the organization would take the same perspective and desire to share as you did, we would all be better at what we do."  Reading a posting in Multifamily Insiders and another one in Apartment Professionals Network from Apartment Home Living in Linkedin, comments drifted into making employees feel important and therefore they will make their residents feel important.  We discussed attitude, training, and a host of topics focused on how we can get our team members to pass on that importance to our residents.  I feel one of the highlights and key points was when "attitude" was brought up.  We can train for many areas such as closing, fair housing, etc., but it is impossible to train for attitude.  That comes from the environment they work in and the leaders that lead them, building an attitude and desire for success.

Keep sharing, keep learning, and keep inspiring others to exceed and excel.  That my friends will bring you success beyond your wildest dreams, and the rewards will touch your heart in addition to your ability to be successful.  Share the wealth!


No comments:

Post a Comment