Cabellas

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rewards

As many of you  know, in addition to being a Divemaster and swimming with sharks, being a professional magician, and a property management executive,  I provide keynote speaking and workshops.  All of these  things I do I have a passion for, and bring me extreme satisfaction.  The rewards for finding and doing something you love cannot be measured in dollars, and not very often can a person say they have so many things they do well and enjoy so much. 

This past week I was in Tampa teaching a workshop related to leadership, team building, as well as other topics.  Today I put on a rubber suit and swam with nine foot sharks, did a little magic for some guests, and then came home thinking how lucky I am.  Yes, finding a leadership role again in the corporate world is what has been my primary income, but for now I am using the cards I have been dealt with.  After all what job that is legal other than the one I have can you go to work in a full rubber suit...and not worry you might get arrested for it.

Traveling around the country providing training and education has definitely helped pay the bills, and has rewards in so many other ways.  You have heard me write how each time I speak before a group and share information with the intent of others exceeding and excelling, I always find value and "take-away's" which are additional rewards encouraging me always striving to do better.    Whether it be a new way to add humor to a presentation or even a whole new way of presenting a topic, the benefits from interacting with my audience raise the question, "who is benefiting from what I am doing?"  My intention is that both parties are the benefactor, otherwise we cannot evolve with the goal of excellence and therefore maintain our edge for the future. 

The rewards of life cannot and should not be with only a financial purpose, but with a purpose of living and inner peace.  For I believe to be successful in business, you first have to be successful within yourself.  To be an effective and successful  leader and coach, it takes inner success and self-development to keep up with an ever changing world.  It takes the unselfish act of wanting to share information with others, versus keeping it for your benefit only to be used for individual gain.  For the rewards of watching others maximize their potential and benefit from the small part I have played, give me the drive to do what I do and reach for new heights in my career.  For you see leadership is not about getting people to just follow you, but to do it with a purpose and a light that shines on their path to success as well.

Where are your rewards?  What do you see as your purpose?  And one of the most important questions is, "how will you get there and who will you take with you so the journey is not alone?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment