Cabellas

Monday, September 9, 2013

What the future holds...only time will tell!

While those of you that know me understand my love for property management, there may be something new coming on the horizon.  When not speaking, training, or consulting I just happen to work for a mouse...Mickey Mouse that is!  Disney  has been great in working with my schedule, and as you also probably know I get to do some pretty cool stuff diving with nine to ten foot sharks on a daily basis.  When I decided to leave my speaking and consulting company and return to corporate life a few months ago, I knew I should keep my options open.  In doing that I decided to apply for the Disney Leadership Casting Call, which is not easy getting through the multiple hoops and being placed in the leadership pool for possible positions.  Several personal interviews, then panel interviews, then more personal interviews, and maybe out of hundreds of applicants you are selected.  Well, I was notified this past Friday that I am in the pool and waiting to hear further.  

I have come to admire Disney and the basic principles they stand for.  Just as in my career with property management and training, Disney truly looks at creating excellence.  If you have ever visited Disney World or Disneyland, you understand what I am talking about.  After all any company that can make a people trap run by a mouse must be doing something right.  The details make the difference as professionals in property management, and it is evident details are very much a part within Disney.   From the plush landscaping to the elegant costumes and parades, everyone would like to say, "I'm going to Disney World."  And to think I work there and spread pixie dust every day!  Pretty awesome in addition to being the favorite among friends and family members that come to Orlando for some odd reason.  Also interesting that relatives I had not seen or talked to in over a decade now have found my phone number when planning a trip to the Magic Kingdom.  

What will the future bring?  Who knows and only time will tell.  Could it be I return to property management in some position?  Will I start a new career path with Disney as part of their leadership team?  You know what, either one would be an opportunity and I would be extremely happy either way.  After all I have have a passion for property management, and have found a new passion for creating a different kind of magic with Disney.  As I have always said, "If opportunity knocks you should at least answer the door." 


No comments:

Post a Comment