Cabellas

Friday, June 3, 2022

New Web Site

My new web site is finally done and even has an audio of one of my NAA presentations I gave on leadership in it.   So far retirement has allowed me to complete some honey-due items, and also allowed me to two other things.  First, it has provided the time to build a database of contacts in both the apartment industry and the fair and festival industry.   What you may not know is that in addition to over 30 years in property management, I have spent the last four years working as the GM for the Osceola County Fair here in Florida.   What an exciting new chapter in my life as I managed one of the largest and most successful fairs in the state of Florida.   I finished the fair in February 2022 before announcing my retirement, ending on a high note. The fair this year had the highest gate admission revenue and highest carnival revenue for the nonprofit I was running in the 78-year history of the fair.  Pretty cool accomplishment and during the last four plus years I have met and become friends with so many wonderful people.  Second thing is I now have two industries to service and expand helping others exceed and excel, which is something I have always had a passion for.   Being in the fair and festival industry allowed me to present for state associations, and also as a keynote speaker for the International Association of Fairs and Events.    

So now as I enter the next chapter in life, I have found new excitement. I return to doing workshops, seminars, and keynotes in the multi-family industry which in my heart I never left and continued to do even as a fair manager, and I have found a new path to travel in the fair industry.  Another bonus is, I am able to continue my writing with my fourth novel in the works and a fifth one planned.  So, did I really retire?   Probably never will and as long as the good Lord allows me, keep moving forward.   Reminds me of a book by Charlie Mackesy called "The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse and a very relevant quote from it:

I can't see a way through," said the boy. 

"Can you see your next step?" 

"Yes." 

"Just take that," said the horse.

www.wizardryenterprises.com


No comments:

Post a Comment